Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm on Spring Break right now, and although I don't have any big travel plans this year (just a few day trips), I am enjoying my time off immensely. I have all day to do whatever my heart desires - which usually means cooking and crafting - time which I wouldn't normally have during the semester. It's sooo relaxing and really lets me be happy about creating things, because I don't have to stress out about my limited time or the homework I have to do!!

My best friend Josephine is in India now - and has been for what seems like FOREVER! I miss her lots, so I made this layout of her/us and included quite a bit of journaling about our friendship on the side.




I had a lot of fun creating this layout because I tried things that I usually don't do - like using gesso and including some gauze for texture. Also, that ric rac ribbon was from an awesome flea market I went to last weekend - I know ric rac is kiiinda out of date, but I don't care because I still love it.

This was another try at The Sampler Kit monthly sketch challenge, as well as the challenge at Chic Tags to use specific colors. It was really great to do a challenge on colors!! I loved not having to stress out on which papers to use, and just picking ones that were in the palette. Also, all the inspiration at the Chic Tags blog was really great to get me started!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This is great. I love all that journalling down the side the best. Thanks for jumping in with our challenge at Chic Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cute. great take on the sketch. thanks for playing with the sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry that you're missing your friend. I hope she's back before you know it. This page is just beautiful! Thank you very much for playing along with the challenges at The Sampler kit club.

    ReplyDelete

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)