Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Have you seen Melissa Stinson's most recent Project Life video over at Two Peas?? It was absolutely awesome, and inspired me to make some DIY embellishments with my patterned paper scraps.

I put together this fast layout using one of these embellishments:

Scrapbooking layout by Michelle Yuen - michelleun.blogspot.com

I don't have a ton of punches, but I pulled out what I have, and for the shapes I wanted but didn't have a punch for, I cut them out on my Cameo. Definitely not as convenient as a punch or die, but at least I feel like I'm using my investment! If you are fortunate enough to have lots of punches in your stash, I would highly recommend putting them to use this way!!


I followed pretty closely with what Melissa did in her video, making smaller layered embellishments as well as border strips. They were SO fun to put together, and they really are just like the premade layered embellishments that you would pay lots of money for. LOVE this alternative that is basically "free" because I'm using up my scraps!!!

I immediately put some to use on my own Project Life spread, and also included a border strip on my layout:


I also included some gold glitter-tipped feathers that I made a while back - LOVE all that glimmer on the page!!




I hope this inspired you to use up your stash, and maybe you'll try Melissa's idea as well!

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#workspacewednesday

I thought I would play along with Workspace Wednesday again, and show you what I'm up to! 

 
 I've been making LOTS of cards and layouts lately, and in record time!! Here you'll see a bright, yellow layout about my iPhone, as well as some sneaks of cards I made for Sweet Stamp Shop's November release!

Stay tuned for my next Double Take on Saturday! ;D

Thanks for stopping by <3

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)