Saturday, November 9, 2013

Today's Double Take is going to be all about monochrome!! I'll be showing you how I made the following projects:


First, let's start with the layout. I picked out a few photos of a recent adventure I went on with some friends where we took some archery lessons!! It was really fun, and a PERFECT opportunity to use that bullseye stamp in the Wheely Like You set (really, could there be a set MORE perfect for this occasion!?) I was so excited that the theme worked so well that I went crazy and stamped it repeatedly, and then punched them out with my 1" circle punch - so glad the images fit perfectly in the punch, so I didn't have to fussy cut all of them, haha!


Before laying them down on my page, I decided I wanted something in the background to make it more interesting and to add texture. I pulled out some acrylic paint and mixed up a grey color with little splashes of blue (which I decided would be my one other color to concentrate on besides black and white). I thickly brushed the paint through a mask.



While the paint was still wet, I pressed some of the bullseye images into it - it saves the step of gluing them down later!



After that was all dry (I left it overnight), I started layering up some papers behind my photos. One thing that is really great about making a monochromatic project is that choosing your supplies is SOO easy - just pull out whatever is black and white, as well as your focus color! Since I didn't really have room to journal on the background, I made a super simple journaling pocket to stick a tag in. *TIP* Instead of trying to cut that indent in the journaling pocket, just use your circle punch!



With just a bit of embellishing later, my layout was done!


For my card, I pulled out my gelatos - I only have one set and it has three shades of blue, so I knew I just had to use them for this monochromatic theme!! They've been feeling a bit neglected anyway. ;):

Here are some pictures of the card, and if you want to see the full step by step pictures, visit my post over on the Sweet blog!



We're making our way into November now, which means that there are only a few weeks left until the Holiday Extravaganza!! I'm working hard on the project I'll be sharing with you, so keep your calendars marked!! I hope you're as excited as I am. :)



Have a great day! :)

Pin It

2 comments:

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)