Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello there! I hope you had a great weekend. I sure did, enjoying the beautiful weather outdoors while it’s still here!! I also spent a good amount of time indoors, though, because my wonderful boyfriend bought me the best early birthday present ever… a Silhouette Cameo!!! I spent some time setting it up and doing some test cuts, as well as designing some of my own cut files – LOVE that you can do this, because it really allows you to be so creative and versatile!! I’m so excited for what I’ll be able to do with it, and I’ll definitely post some free cut files for you lovely readers sometime soon!! (Hopefully it’s as easy as posting my free PDF printables..)


Anyway, today I’m going to share a layout I made last weekend, when I was on a roll using sketches! I chose to use this sketch by Shimelle. I loved that it separated the photos apart with a big element – something that I wouldn’t normally do, because I tend to group all my photos together. That’s one of the great things about sketches – it makes you look at things a new way, and just mixes things up when you need it! My layout came together really quickly, since the design was already worked out for me.



 This layout is about making some homemade wontons with Dan. He was really not looking forward to this, saying it was his least favorite family activity when his mom made him help her out, but once we were actually folding them, he didn't complain much at all, and he did a great job!! ;)

It ended up being a little more plain than my layouts usually are, but I think it was fine, because I have more photos and bigger elements on this page than I normally do. I love the way it came out, especially since I loooove that paper I used for my background, and I can really see a lot of it since I didn’t use as many layers as I normally do.

If you’re stuck in a rut, try out a sketch! It might really help you out – it did for me! :)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)