Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hello! Today I'll be showing you a layout I made for a challenge from Sweet Stamp Shop. If you haven't heard of this company, their stuff is sooo cute, and after reading this post by Nicole (the founder and owner) about her 5 year anniversary, I'm convinced that she is absolutely adorable, too.

So this challenge is called "Use What You Have." I chose to try to use up my scraps of my collection of Dear Lizzy's Lucky Charm. I have looooved crafting with this collection. I think I could happy scrap with it for the next six months, but new CHA releases will be coming soon so.... I think it's time I try to finish it all off! Here's a picture of what I have left of my 6x6 pad:


As you can see, I have gotten some really good use out of it. It's more a collection of scraps that I refuse to throw away rather than a pad of papers. I also included a chipboard sticker sheet because I knew that I wanted to use the tag. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I wanted to add "with you" to the end of it and scrapbook about living with Dan. I've been saving it up for the perfect photo and story, and I wanted to finally get it down on paper! So this part of the layout was perfect for a challenge at Shimelle's blog to use something that you've been saving.

I got to work laying out the groundwork for my layout:


I really liked where it was going, but the background needed a little something more. I took out some arrow stamps, heat embossed them in white, and then painted on some watered down mists to create a neat resist effect:


I love how that turned out! I even managed to get a color that matched perfectly with the aquas in the paper. I put all my elements back on top, embellished a bit, and ended up with this:





I think I still have plenty left in this amazing collection to get a few other layouts in, but this was definitely a step and I loved creating it! I hope you enjoyed, and maybe you'll play along with this challenge too - we all need to make space for new CHA goodies, right?? ;)

And if you're interested, SSS is having a DT Call. I applied, and will be anxiously awaiting! :)

Pin It

2 comments:

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)