Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I recently purchased Wilna Furstenburg's Art Class 1. If you keep up with the latest happenings in the scrapbooking world, you may know that she just released Art Class 2, but seeing as how I never took the first one (which is crazy because she is my favorite!!), and since it's 25% off right now, it was a no brainer to finally buy it!



One of the chapters covers wax, which is something I never would have thought to use on a scrapbook page! It just seems like it would be a lot of work to melt it and everything, but really, it was SO easy and fun - and the effect is just so unique and beautiful in person!!


I cut my title from my Silhouette and lightly watercolored it to make it stand out and match the colors more.


I finally made a little splurge and bought a pack of these beautiful resin flowers... so gorgeous, I almost couldn't bring myself to use it!



In fact, this was so much fun that I couldn't stop at just one layout and made another one using the technique!


Again, I used my Silhouette to cut the title, but used the negative this time instead.


Some more of those resin flowers...


Look how beautiful it is when the wax colors blend together!!


Have you tried this technique yet? If you want to learn more about it, you should consider signing up for Art Class 1 - there are so many other awesome chapters and techniques. I'll share more projects as I go through them!!

Have a great day - and happy early Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!! :)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)