Monday, February 3, 2014

I've been somewhat of a scrapbooking slump lately. Maybe it's the cold winter, which makes me just want to curl in bed under poofy blankets with a book. Or maybe being back in school just drains all the energy from me. But then I recently received a small order from Elle's Studio with some of their new, gorgeous collections, which really got me right out of this and got me creating again! Woohoo for new scrapbooking goodies!

I thought it appropriate to put all these new goodies to use using a sketch, also from Elle's Studio. Here's a look at what it looks like:


I followed the sketch pretty closely, except that I used an 8.5x11 format, which I am still experimenting with these days. I like the challenge of the smaller space, and it's just so comforting to know that these will be able to store.


I loved that I was able to use this huge chipboard piece from Crate Paper, which I was having trouble thinking of a use for. It had some really girly articles of clothing hanging on the clothesline, so I just covered them up using some of my new pennant tags and clip tags (which I trimmed the clips off of).


Some of you might know how I like to alter items to fit my needs and style. And I'm also really not a fan of pink. There were some tags I got that were a bright pink that I didn't like, but I like the design/sayings. So I just took a red Copic marker and carefully went over the pink parts to make it a red color that matched my layout! Here's a before and after shot of a piece I did this with (that I didn't end up using on this page):


The red version is much better for me!

So many fun tags!


Maybe if you're in a bit of a slump, you can treat yourself to some new scrapbooking goodies too!! You know, as long as you don't go overboard and will actually be inspired ;) I'm definitely on a kick with these new products, so I'll be sharing more projects soon using them!
Until then, I hope you have a great start to your week :)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)