Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WOO, I'm on Spring Break!! Except... wait, it's 15 degrees outside. Hahah, so much for "Spring!" I'm not the only one just hoping and dreaming spring and summer will come faster, am I?? This winter has been brutal, and there has been just SO much snow. Enough to make snow mountains, literally.


Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows that I am so NOT a fan of winter or the cold... which means I tend to not take as many pictures as in the summer, and therefore don't scrapbook winter very much. But I think this winter just had to be documented, to have some sort of record of how bad it was - that way, I can look back on it in the future and think, "Well if I got through that, I can get through any kind of weather, right?" Hehe :)


This layout was kind of an adventure to make, because I used a very different layout that I normally use - the picture is in the corner and there are a bunch of elements around the edges, but not much in the middle. It's loosely based on a layout by Lisa Truesdell (second layout down)


This approach was a bit challenging at first, but after a bit, I really got into and love how it came out!!


It's also a great way to use up scraps of paper - always a good thing!

Don't you love when you try something new and different and it just turns out exactly how you wanted it to? Because let's be honest, sometimes it just utterly fails, haha! Next week I'll be sharing another layout with a similar approach, so stay tuned!! 

Stay warm amidst the snow mountains ;)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)