Monday, May 5, 2014

Ahh, National Scrapbooking Day... is there any better time of the year?

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just a bit, but I did have a BLAST this weekend! I actually didn't make too many layouts - about 5 (and started some works-in-progress) - but I can honestly say I loved each and every one of them - both the process and the results. But the best part really had to be participating in the Instagram campaign to post 10,000 layouts with #nsd10k! I don't think we made it to 10,000 actually (haha, oh well), but I loved going through the hashtag gallery and looking at all the layouts that were created and just interacting with fellow scrapbookers :) And, my love for Instagram just grows because one of my layouts was even featured on @silhouetteamerica's Instagram page!!!

So I'm just gonna show you a quick recap of the layouts I made over the weekend:

For this first layout, I was inspired by the beautiful effect Wilna Furstenburg created by folding patterned vellum. Since I didn't have patterned vellum, I used a floral die cut as a mask (which you'll see in the next layout) and spritz some Gold Color Shine through it. LOVE the effect of the vellum, and I will definitely be trying that again in the future!


This layout was the one that was featured on Silhouette's Instagram! :) Here you can see the floral die cut that I used as a stencil in the last layout. Since I had misted gold over it, it was ready to go just like that, and it was so simple to just layer some big die cuts from the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer collection. If you love huge embellishments, you might want to check that pack out!


Here's a fun 8.5x11 layout that really makes you stop and look at it because of that eye-catching title. I used the Flashy Letters alpha set from Mama Elephant, which I have just been looooving recently - it's the perfect size for card sentiments as well as scrapbooking AND Project Life titles. If you're looking for a basic but also unique alpha set, this might be it (love that it has numbers and an ampersand as well)!!


This next layout was really fun to make. I was inspired by lots of layouts I was seeing that had diagonal designs, so this was my own take on it. Tilting everything on an angle just makes it so interesting and dynamic - perfect since my layout is about driving! P.S. I have my driving test in about a month, so once that comes I'll definitely have to make a page about that, because I'll feel like a real adult, haha!!


And finally, one last layout, another 8.5x11. As you can see, I loved the diagonal design of my last layout so much that I included it again in this one. I had a lot of journaling since this layout is more about an internal story rather than an event and those stripes on the patterned paper were the perfect home for my thoughts.


Well, thanks for taking a look at everything I created! Did you celebrate NSD? If so, how? Leave me a link to either your Instagram or your projects, because I'd love to take a look and leave you some love!!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)