Thursday, February 7, 2013

Oh, all the beautiful papers and wood veneers and stamps and embellishments!  Studio Calico kits... why are they so amazing?  I can't wait till I'm on co-op and can afford to treat myself to one thing a month that I know will make me giddy with joy - from receiving that one package in the mail! Sometimes I can't wait till I'm older and married and have a house (with a dedicated craft room, of course!) and an income so that I can buy craft supplies to my heart's content - who am I kidding, I think about  this ALL the time!  But at least I'll have an income when I'm on co-op - those six months will have to sustain me until then.

I haven't blogged in a while, and I'm not really sure why.  It's such a great way for me to release all my thoughts that I feel like have been being pent up; it's a good thing for me to practice, since I aspire to one day be an amazing blogger with a real following, like Amy Tangerine or Kelly Purkey (though I'm pretty sure nobody reads this, haha); and it's a way for me to document my life - I feel like I'll have a big gap when I look back on this time period, and I don't want that!  Sigh.  I will have to try to keep up with this.

Anyway, I went to the career fair at school today, and though I was a bit nervous, I think it was a good experience for me - talking to real, working professionals at companies that I could potentially work for.  Unfortunately, most of the companies I talked to either were not interested in me, or didn't offer me anything I was looking for.  One company that seemed promising is Localytics, which is a startup... I initially thought I would want to work for a big company, but I don't think I'd be able to acquire my first co-op at any, even if I was as awesome as my friends sometimes reassure me that I am... I also researched another company online, called Bzz Marketing (I believe it's called that...) and they seem AWESOME!  Sounds like the hands-on, physical kind of marketing that I'd love, and their website makes it seem like the people who work there are fun - and they even have a designer on staff!  I see some potential there; I just have to hope that they see some in me too.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)