Saturday, March 30, 2013

I have another layout I made for this week's Simon Says Stamp "quotable" challenge. I used a line from  the song "Lucky" by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz. It's one of those songs that always makes me happy, because it's so true :)



I used lots of different elements for my title - some hand stitching and a mix of different alphas. I've been using the same two sheets of alpha stickers for my past few layouts (kind of like a "kit"), and that's been working really well for me. I don't have black spray ink, so I used some calligraphy ink. It was kind of hard to control where the splatters went, so they kind of went all over the page, but ahh well.

I think as I'm starting to scrapbook more, I'm starting to realize more of what my natural style is. Sometimes I try to use lots of patterned papers on a page, but really, it just stresses me out trying to match papers from different collections, and they usually just end up overwhelming the pictures, and it is not pleasing to the eye at all. The past few layouts I've made have been a lot more minimal with patterned paper, but have more embellishments. This is partly because I'm working from a self-made kit of about 10 sheets of patterned papers and 5 sheets of cardstock, and I've been trying to stretch it out so that I can make as many layouts as possible with them. But after looking at these projects, I really think the finished projects are more appealing to me than my other busy, paper-heavy layouts. Just something I've been thinking about :)

Thanks for looking!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Michelle...I really love your layout page. I totally agree with you that sometimes so many different colors, patterns and sizes of paper can overwhelm the focal point of your scrapbook layout which is usually the photograph. I also think that oftentimes, less is more! :) I love the simplicity of your design. I love the hand stitching that you've done on this page. Very cute and very nicely done. I also love the little strips of colored, patterned paper that you've used as a border around your picture. Everyone has their own style...that is for sure. And I think your simplistic style is very appealing. Thanks so much for sharing your layout and your thoughts with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, love your CAS layout, your photo really shines on this page. I love the simplicity of your design. The heart is a lovely touch and the text/fonts are perfect for your layout. Very eye catching. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)