Friday, April 19, 2013

This morning, I was woken by a text message alert from NU about how there is a lockdown in place in Boston. I was half asleep, so I knew vaguely that something must be wrong, but didn't really comprehend it till about an hour later, and then I sleepily told Dan about it, and he looked it up on his phone. We then learned of all the crazy events that transpired last night, that sounded like it was straight out of an action movie - the two suspects for the explosions at the Marathon tried to rob a convenience store, then hijacked an SUV, then were pursued with a gunfight, where the older brother as well as an MIT officer were killed.
Now, the police are on a manhunt for the younger brother, and Boston is on lock down. This means all plans are cancelled for today, which is just a bit of an inconvenience, as there were lots of things that had to get done today, but of course, it is the least of the problems of today. It must be insanity out there, for the police officers, for the people stranded waiting for transportation, and for the people of Watertown.
This is definitely a situation where I know that everyone should be praying. The thing is, I feel like it's been so long, that it doesn't feel like I can... but in any case, I do hope for the best. For this insanity to end, for everyone to be safe, and for them to catch the person responsible for all the casualties on Monday.. even for healing of his heart, for him to not feel so much hate that he resorts to killing.

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)