Friday, June 28, 2013

So yesterday I received a package from Two Peas in a Bucket that might just be my best haul of new goodies yet! Included in this package were some wood veneers that have been sold out for the looongest time, so I haven't been able to get them, and a 1/4" stack of papers - the most I have ever gotten at one time and I love every single one of them. While flipping through, there was one particular paper whose beauty I just cannot describe in words. More on that later.

Anyway, I also got a roll of gold glitter tape and the Pebble's Love You More journaling cards. Both of these were awesome, and I used them for both of the projects I'm going to show you.


This first one is a pillow box for a small gift. I think it turned out really cute, and it came together surprisingly fast! I just took a card from the journaling pad, and with the help of a cute sheet of paper (also from Pebbles), some glitter tape, and wood veneer stars, I was done! I guess it's true that working with products you love makes crafting that much more fun and easier.


I also made this card with another journaling card. Using these cards as the centerpiece of my projects really makes life so much easier. I love this speech bubble one, because it was perfect to put any sentiment you want in it. I put glitter tape and washi tape behind some of the circles that I punched out of the background, and some I just left blank. I love this method of having things show through from negative cuts, and really was the main idea I had when I ordered that glitter tape. Aren't those glimpses of gold just awesome!? I also love that this card came out really gender neutral/masculine because I find it challenging sometimes to make a birthday card that isn't too feminine.

Thanks for checking this out, and I hope I gave you some ideas to use these awesome products. :)

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)