Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Last week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp was to "go green." You could take this to mean using the color or recycling something... I interpreted it as the latter.
When I saw the challenge, I instantly had an idea in my head - it's something that I've sort of wanted to do for a while. You see, in my excitement to get a Cameo (which I still have to wait a few more months for), I looked up tons of things to do once I actually have it. One of these things was cutting "chipboard" pieces from old cereal boxes and other packaging like that.

So I found a spare piece of thin chipboard/cardboard and really went to town on it with my new (and much loved) gelatos, as well as some spray inks (I dripped a few drops of each color on a piece of wax paper and then smushed my chipboard into it to get a really cool effect).



Then, I used my trusty butterfly punch to punch out as many shapes as I could out of that piece. Though I didn't use them all on my card, I'm sure they will come in handy for future projects. It looked a little like this.


My next step was to get my card base ready. I already had an idea for this card from a sketch I'd jotted down a while ago and haven't gotten around to doing. It's a card that is split down the middle with two different papers, and embellishments running down the line where the two papers meet. I decided to go even further with this idea and make the left half of my card a shaker card. I simply took a piece of vellum, added some fun bits like confetti, sequins, and wood veneer stars, and then sewed it all down. Then I added my butterflies and a sentiment. I love how it came out!


Although I didn't get to submit this in time for the challenge, I had a lot of fun making this card, and will probably recreate the design in the future. I hope this inspired you to try out some of the techniques I tried!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)