Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hello everybody! I'm here today with a new challenge word from Use Your Words challenge blog - "moment." When I was brainstorming ideas for titles that could use this words, I came up with lots of typical ones that I've probably used before, such as "Love this moment" or "Enjoy every moment." (Great and versatile options for a title, if you want to play along, by the way!) I finally came up with a title that could be great to document something that I think otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten down on a layout.

So I decided on "Moment of truth," which might seem really dramatic but I felt it fit with my story - I wrote all about being a design major and the critiques we have in class. I never really realized that this was a big deal, because it's so normal in my life, but last year, I took a basic photography class with people who weren't necessarily design majors. They kept stressing out before every critique because for them, "normal" was studying for tests rather than having the whole class look at your work and say what they do or don't like about it. I have to admit, I do still feel nervous and anxious sometimes when I'm pinning my work to the wall, wondering if everyone will hate it. But I thought that was just normal! Well, apparently not, so I'm glad I'm getting this down because it really is a big part of my education and my life.




For this layout, I had a lot of fun creating my background - I just got a new pack of gelatos, after eyeing them during many of Wilna Furstenburg's videos. They come in packs of 4 of coordinating colors, so I mixed some watercolor pencil in there too for more colors. They are sooo fun to work with, and I can't wait to experiment some more with them! Then I just piled on a bunch of papers and embellishments in a carefree way. I'm really loving that I'm becoming less and less concerned with things looking perfect and having straight lines and all that - it lets me feel free and I enjoy myself so much more.

Anyway, I hope you'll join in with our challenge this week! I'd love to see your take on the challenge word. Don't forget to link up over at the Use Your Words blog, and to have fun with it!!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. The gelaots and layering are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all the details on this layout. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page!!! I love the colors you used!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)