Thursday, January 2, 2014

If you're unfamiliar with the One Little Word idea (created by Ali Edwards), basically you choose one word for the whole year that you want to focus on. The idea is really intriguing to me... enough that I decided to choose a word for myself this year... discovery.


I must confess that I cheated a little (but really, there's no such thing as cheating when you're scrapbooking and having fun, right?? ;) hehe) and had three other words to go along with my one big word...


For each sub-word, I made a simple pocket to hold my journaling on shipping tags.

Limits | I really want to push myself this year. My days seem to get busier and busier each day with all the things I have to and want to do. I start classes again next Monday, and the next few months after that will be a busy time, balancing classes, a possible internship, a part-time job, relationships, creative time, and the list goes on... I don't think I've truly pushed myself in the past to do as much and as much as I possibly can, so I want to discover that this year - my limits as to how much I can handle.

Prayer | It's been a while, if ever, that prayer is something that has guided my life. I've heard amazing stories about the power of prayer, but now I want the have my own stories about how it can change my life. I will try my best to stay faithful to this, and make sure to write in my prayer journal more often.

Relationships | My sophomore year was ... lacking when it came to relationships. I didn't try enough to start new ones, or take care of the ones I already had. I grew closer to Dan, but most other relationships in my life suffered. I know how detrimental this can be in all areas of my life, because I've already experience it. I don't want this to happen again. Friendships are one of the greatest blessings of this life, and I want to (re)discover the beauty in them.


I started my layout by die cutting a big "2014" and backing each letter with a colorful patterned paper (mostly from Carta Bella's Hello Again collection). I love the instant color and liveliness this adds.


For my one word, I chose this set of thickers simply because I love it. I think it's part of the class to make something that has your word and hang it up in a place where it's visible to you each day so you can be reminded of it. So if you're going to be looking at something all year, make sure it's something you LOVE. I love the gold, shiny, glittery look of these thickers that just immediately grabs your attention. I overlapped them, both for space and to add interest.


 I also made a fun circle of mist, just brushing it on with the spray applicator. To me, it fits the theme of "discovery" because it's an organic, freeing design.

Here's to 2014, (hopefully) a year of discovery! What's your one little word for 2014??

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)