Friday, January 17, 2014

Dan and I recently celebrated our two year anniversary :) Our time together so far has been quite an adventure, and such a blessing. And we're getting to the point where we pretty much know that we're going to be spending the rest of our lives together (yeah, I'm only 20, and this is my first relationship, so some people might think I'm being naiive, but in my heart, I know that this is the truth). Which means talk of our medium-long term plans. Where will we be living? Where will we be working? Are we going to stay right where we are?



To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the Northeast. I'm not a winter person at all. Plop me down in a place that never goes below 30 degrees and I don't think I'd need anything else in the world. Okay, not quite..... but you get what I'm saying, right?


So the idea of staying in Boston for the foreseeable future doesn't sound so appealing to me. But there are other things to take into account - I DO still have 2.5 years of school left, so I have no choice in staying here anyway. Dan already has a job lined up here after he graduates from grad school. We have an amazing apartment that we own. We live in a great neighborhood with so many amazing restaurants (as well as guilty pleasures) within a few blocks of us... and though the winters are bad, the summers are so. so. wonderful.

 
I die cut my title from my Cameo and stitched over it... I had some problems where the thread came out, but in the end, I like the texture of the holes that were left ;)

These house stamps from Amy Tangerine were perfect for my layout about "home!"

To be honest, this layout was more of a pretty journal page, rather than a documentation of an event. But I think this is a really important stage of my/our lives, so I'm glad I got it scrapped :)

"...for now, South End is our home..."

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a great [long] weekend!!

_____________________________________________________________

One more thing before I leave - just because I don't think I can contain it in me anymore, and want to shout it from the rooftops - I received an email last week, let me know that one of the cards i submitted IS GOING TO BE PUBLISHED in CARDS magazine!!!! I'll have to wait until May to see it in the June 2014 issue, but WOOHOO!!! This is my first publication so I am super stoked and honored. Whew. Okay, I got that out of my system now! :D

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)