Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Anyone who knows me at all knows I'm a bit of a health nut. Well... by college student standards, at least. Which you can imagine is not saying much. But honestly, most days, a pan of roasted veggies or a bowl of homemade soup sounds way better to me than fried food from a fast food restaurant. Most days. But sometimes, my willpower wavers because I have that thing you call a boyfriend - one who just so happens to love all that delicious and bad-for-you food.

And so came the day I finally took a visit to Raising Cane's, a much raved-about (mostly by Dan) fried chicken place. And I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed it. That was some GOOD fried chicken!!


I really had fun making this layout about a simple event like trying out a new place to eat. I didn't think too much or plan anything. Honestly, I was planning on just making a layout for fun and not blogging about it - just to take a layer of expectations off, which I often subconsciously have for myself. But that freedom really allowed me to come up with something I ended up loving!



You can see I really had fun playing with paint. I mixed some Color Shine mist into the paint, too, so it has a beautiful shimmer!!


And I love that rub-ons resist the paint, so I didn't have to worry about messing it up :)


Some more DIY enamel dots. Really using them a lot on recent projects - I promise I'll have the tutorial up for you next week!! :D


Mmm, good food and good friends really are a recipe for happiness. <3

Pin It

1 comments:

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)