Wednesday, May 1, 2013

During my recent visit home, there was an incident in which I realized that my "little" brother is really not so little anymore! He is now almost 6 feet tall and towers over me. I meant to take this picture just to document the computer game he's always playing whenever I'm home, but it led to a completely different story, that I think is a little more meaningful to tell. It only costed me about 15 minutes of wrestling.

I kept two different challenges in mind when creating this layout. One was Chic Tag's Sunday challenge to use buttons, and the other was the Thursday sketch by Elle's Studio.
Here's the sketch:

And here's my layout:


The sketch was really easy to follow - not many layers of paper (as I am discovering is more of my style), but lots of embellishments. I used lots of Chic Tags here, as well as some random tags and things in my stash.
During my visit home, I decided to cut tons of alphas out with my Cricut, because I really wanted to get some use out of that thing! I cut them out of white cardstock, so that I can DIY them into any color. For this page, I didn't have a mist in a color I wanted, so I pressed the letters into a Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Cornflower. I love the imperfectness it resulted in. My final touch for the layout was buttons! Definitely have some in my stash that needed to get used up, so I'm glad for that challenge :)

Thanks for looking!

Pin It

1 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love the layering of all the tags and I totally know the feeling of having a 'not so little' brother! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)