Friday, June 21, 2013

I don't consider myself much of a cardmaker. I love making layouts, and moving to such a small canvas when making cards makes it so challenging for me. But I've been inspired lately, mostly by a bunch of cards that Maggie Holmes made with a recent Studio Calico kit, and by Kristina Werner. I love Maggie's ability to use up scraps from a kit to stretch supplies, and Kristina's simple yet elegant style. I tried my hand at some cards, and actually hate most of them!

Here's one that I made using a kraft base - a simple, neutral start, and perfect for this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge!


It came out a little weird because the sentiment was hard to read over the busy patterned paper... so I gave it another try and played with some masking, gesso, and acrylic paint to come up with this card:


This one is particularly inspired by this card. Definitely a different kind of style than I would normally do - more "artsy"- and it was really fun to give it a try.



This one is probably my favorite of the bunch, and it was so quick and easy to put together.

There are more, but a little less successful than the ones here. Anyway, I made 6-7 cards total in a span of just a day or two - a great way to get those creative juices flowing when I'm not particularly in the mood to make a layout, especially since I feel good about using up scraps and leftover supplies.

Happy Friday!

Pin It

1 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards! Love them all. But maybe the ones with Kraft just a little bit more. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)